The small business landscape is one that is always changing. What’s true of this intrepid group one year may take an unexpected turn the next. So it’s always fascinating to touch base with business owners and learn about their needs, challenges, and aspirations for their businesses.
The infographic below summarizes the Webs Small Business Digital Trends Survey – the latest findings based on the responses of over 2,200 small business owners in the United States. Much of what you find below will probably confirm what you have experienced, and some of it might really surprise you. Here are a few of the stats that really stood out to us:
- A full 63% of small business owners surveyed are currently using digital products as part of their overall marketing strategy.
- A whopping 80% of website owners serve as their own webmaster and don’t rely on the services of an outside IT specialist.
- Of those business owners with Facebook profiles, 65% use or are considering trying Facebook advertising for their business.
- Though other social profiles made a strong showing, Facebook maintains the top spot with 88% of social businesses using it for their marketing.
- The most common reason small business owners are investing their resources in digital and social marketing is to generate more customer leads.
What stands out to you from the graphic below?