This Wednesday we present you with a well organized site that exemplifies how to effectively leverage the quality of your product/service. Rags to Riches Dog Spa is a professional mobile dog grooming service started by Kelly, an avid animal lover. Kelly felt that every dog client should have her UNDIVIDED attention, leaving clients feeling satisfied with the service she provides. Her passion for the business translates into the design and feel of the website.
Rags to Riches Dog Spa website clearly communicate its purpose. Furthermore, the color scheme of the website utilizes 2 primary colors that blend well creating a unique brand identity without distracting visitors from the main content. When it comes to the psychology of colors, purple means royalty and yellow tends to represent cheerfulness so what better color scheme to represent her slogan “Your Dog Is Treated Like Royalty”.
Another thing that the website owner does well is the ability to communicate her strong product knowledge and dedication to services offered.
Here are some tips that can help your small business website showcase your product/service superiority:
- Theme Is Key – Make sure you take a look at the psychology of colors and find out what emotions and traits colors mean. Figure out which colors coordinate best with the subject of your website that run congruent with the personality of your business. Do not use more than three main colors as a color scheme; the key is to set the mood not to distract your visitors. Setting the mood is very important because it allows visitors to feel comfortable, which means they’ll stay on your website longer. Discover other design elements that impact the quality of your website.
- Quality photography – A simple way to increase visual appeal is to use high quality photography for your products/services. You can also use pictures to go along with your content to help you drive your point better, be mindful not to overload pages with too many photos that take away from the main content. Learn how to use graphics to enhance your website.
- Simplicity – Be clear and direct when you talk about your services, don’t try to impress visitors with overwhelming animations and huge words. When you think of your web content try to think of the EASIEST way you can word your services so that anyone can comprehend your site with ease. Simplicity can help you add additional value to your website.
- Personal “About Me” – A personal “About Me” page will help you to connect with visitors on an emotional level that gives insights into who you are, your interests and visions for your business. This emotional connection builds trust, loyalty and confidence in your skills as well as your product or service.
- Brand Strength – Make sure you are keeping current with your website and updating your site with reviews and awards that your business receives. Everyone can rave about themselves, but having others praise your product and service helps to establish the strength of your online brand. 5 tips to market your new website.
Take time to create an image of your ideal customer and keep them in mind when mapping out the flow for your website. Be sure to include information that is beneficial to your website visitors and potential customers and helps to relay information about products/services you provide.
Happy Site Building!