Another Wednesday is here and we are happy to introduce you to a great website with a noble cause. Blue Star Mothers Southeastern WI Chapter #2 is a non-profit support group dedicated to mothers that have children who are serving or have served in the Military. The website does a good job of communicating upcoming events, has an active blog and a lot of useful information for chapter members. Check it out:
Do you run a non-profit group or have an idea for one? Check out some tips on how to improve your nonprofit website:
- Create Strong Branding— Just like any business, your nonprofit website should have a strong brand image. The goal is to ensure that visitors can clearly identify if your website is affiliated with bigger national chapters, conveyprofessionalism and help to identify your website with the cause to which your site is linked with. Key branding associations you should consider displaying:
- Logo— View Logo creation tips.
- Tagline — Description of what your organization stand for and for whom. Try to keep it from 3-5 words.
- Brand colors& fonts
- Put Your Information First — Since the main goal of your website is to create awareness for your group/cause, remember it is very important to provide key informational details front and center. Make the following information easy to locate:
- Contact information
- Physical location (if you have one)
- Organization description
- Leverage Social — Studies have shown that people are more likely to take action if they can see others doing the same. If you have social presence on Facebook ,or other similar networks, display this information proudly. If you don’t you may want to consider setting up your Facebook page.
- Blog About It — You know your organization stands for a great cause, so why not share your findings? Utilizing blogging tools will not only help you get the message out but can also greatly improve your search engine ranking (and help you find potential new donors and recruits!)
- Display Strong Visuals — Remember the old saying “a picture is worth 1,000 words?” well this is true in the online world more than ever. For example if you have images of your recent charity events, group gathering or videos that describe your cause, don’t forget to share it. One way to do so is by utilizing Webs Photo Gallery App or a Video Gallery App.
- Don’t hide Donation/Help Options — Make it easy for new site visitors how they can donate towards your cause. Be clear and upfront about it. If you are looking for an automated way to collect donations, check out the Donations App.