The power of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) makes it possible for people to quickly and easily discover new things online. One of those things should be your small business website. When done correctly, SEO can help entrepreneurs like you reach a broader audience, stand out from your competition, establish trust with your visitors, help people discover your site and generate free, seemingly endless traffic.
SEO is without a doubt one of the easiest ways to get new visitors to your website and in a lot of ways is like getting in shape. Part of getting in shape is weight loss. Losing weight isn’t a one-and-done deal and neither is SEO. Getting in shape requires commitment and a little bit of patience and so does SEO. And like losing weight, sometimes it might be 60-90 days or more to see huge changes.
If you don’t work at it, the effort and money you put into SEO (no matter how large or small) is wasted, but if you stick with it and follow best practices, the results are well worth the effort.
Want to learn more about SEO for small business?
- Learn why it’s becoming increasingly difficult to develop your SEO strategy without the inclusion of social media in: The Next Frontier of SEO: Social Media Optimization
- In the article, we introduce you to the single most important piece of your on-page SEO – the title tag. Learn how easily implement this on your site in: Easy SEO Tips: Meet The Title Tag
- Sometimes it can be tough to distinguish fact from fiction – especially when it comes to optimization. Tag along as we do some old fashioned myth-busting in: SEO: Myths vs Reality
- If you’ve ever wondered exactly how SEO can benefit your website, you’re in for a treat. Learn the top 5 benefits of optimization in: SEO 102: Benefits of SEO
- Search Engine Optimization 101 takes you through the basics of SEO breaks down SEO terminology and explains why it’s important for business owners to take control of their SEO.
- This infographic in Why Content is Important for SEO reveals how the information you put on your website can directly impact your search engine ranking.