Social Media Marketing can be a challenging (and very time consuming) job. Between finding sharable content, writing high quality blog posts, engaging with your followers, and scheduling posts on all major social platforms, you could drive yourself crazy!
That’s why we’ve put together a list of 16 social media marketing tools that will keep you sane AND reduce the amount of time you spend managing a successful social media presence for yourself or your clients.
FIND VIRAL AND SHARABLE CONTENT
1. BuzzSumo: In a simple Google-like search, you can find viral content to share with your followers. Even better, BuzzSumo provides many filters including country, language, article type, and date to help you find the best content for your specific audience.
2. ContentGems: The content monitoring service you’ve always dreamed about. Enter your best keywords, and ContentGems will monitor news sources, blogs, and social media accounts to provide you content recommendations in a daily digest. Impress your followers with relevant, laser-focused content.
3. Nuzzel: The best way to find what your friends or followers are talking about. Nuzzel connects to your Twitter and Facebook accounts, and instantly shows you the best content being shared by your friends.
4. Feedly: A single place to read all of your favorite newspapers, magazines, and blogs. Start by finding and following the sources of information that matter to you most, and then Feedly will provide you a curated list of content to either save or share.
TRACK SOCIAL MENTIONS
5. Tagboard: Use hashtags to search for and collect posts on Twitter and Facebook. Tagboard is a great centerpiece for your events as it can show posts with a unique hashtag in a visually compelling way.
6. TalkWalker: Set up incredibly easy alerts to notify you any time your brand, competitors, name, or events are mentioned online. This free service provides you a daily email update of the latest relevant mentions anywhere on the internet.
GATHER COMPETITOR AND INDUSTRY INSIGHTS
7. Uprise.io: Track the social statistics and blog shares of your competitors. Also, you can use Uprise to gain insights to popular content categories to find out on which social network you should share.
8. Twitonomy: A detailed and free analytics platform for Twitter. Find thorough analytics on anyone’s tweets, retweets, hashtags, replies, and mentions in seconds. Even better, you can export all data from Twitonomy as an Excel, PDF, or other file formats in one click.
FILTER YOUR FOLLOWERS
9. Agorapulse: Easily categorize your Facebook and Twitter audiences into ambassadors, engaged users, and influencers. With Agorapulse, you can effectively target email CRM (customer relationship management) campaigns to diverse follower populations.
10. Followerwonk: Use Followerwonk’s ‘bio search’ tool to return relevant Twitter bios or profiles by keywords that matter to your business. You’ll quickly build a list of influencers to email or follow-up with later directly through Twitter.
PRODUCE VALUABLE AND VIRAL CONTENT
11. RiteTag: When you’re posting on Twitter, have you ever thought, “are my hashtags relevant and popular?” Find out quickly with Ritetag, a plugin that will directly display in Twitter if your hashtags are trending or need improvement.
12. Periscope or Meerkat: If you’re looking to engage with your Twitter followers in a completely new way, check out Periscope and Meerket. Both apps let you live-stream video to your followers from your phone, and provide a new realm for real-time information and engagement sharing. Recently, we discussed the differences between the two apps over on the Pagemodo blog.
13. Emotional Marketing Value Headline Analyzer: Use this nifty service to help test some your blog headlines. A sophisticated algorithm analyzes your headline to determine its emotional marketing value, and if your headline most impacts a customer’s intellectual, empathetic, or spiritual emotions.
14. Facebook Grid Tool for Ads: Do many of your ads get rejected by Facebook for having too much text? Use their quick and simple tool to find out if you’re over their 20% text threshold!
AUTOMATE, AUTOMATE, AUTOMATE!
15. IF: Several weeks ago, on the Pagemodo blog, we wrote a post about IFTTT’s rebrand as IF and DO. Turns out IF can make your life easier through automation! For example, IF will create a Twitter List for you just from a specific hashtag. In seconds you’ll have a targeted Twitter population to engage with your brand.
16. Pagemodo: We think this tool is the easiest interface to schedule visually appealing posts in advance (of course, we may be a little biased). You can use Pagemodo’s Post Designer tool to create beautiful post images; or use their Posts tool to find relevant content to immediately post or post-for-later on a specific date and time. Both will improve the value (and frequency) of your social media posting across Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn!
I hope you found at least a few tools and services to test out and eventually add to your social media marketing toolkit!
Did we miss any of your favorites? Be sure to let us know in the comments!