But, have you ever thought about the science behind as to why this is true?
AdWeek shared 13 scientific facts for what makes infographics so desirable to a user for consumption of information, and (indirectly) why you should consider using them more in your content marketing strategy.
And hey! You’re in luck.
This article will tell you why your brain loves infographics WITH an infographic!
Here are five of the thirteen facts that surprised us most:
1. A tenth of a second is all it takes for you to understand a visual scene.
2. We consume 34 gigabytes or 100,500 words of information on an average day – just outside of work.
3. Color visuals increase willingness to read by 80%!
4. Are you actually reading this list? Or did you skip right to the image? If you caught this, let us know in the comments!
5. People remember 10% of what they hear, 20% of what they read, and 80% of what they see and do.
About the Author: Deanna Zaucha is the Content Marketing Coordinator for Webs and Pagemodo, and also manages our social media presence. She can be found on a dance floor, or on her iPhone keeping up with trends in marketing and tech. Get more from Deanna on the Webs Blog and Twitter.