One of the great things about featuring Webs user example sites as long as we have been is that we get to see how they change over time. Once such example comes to us today from Kim & Ellory’s Kitchen, a personal chef and catering service run by a husband and wife team.
We first featured Kim and Ellory’s site in June, 2011. At that time, their company’s website looked like this:
Since then, as their business has evolved, so has the style of their website. Here is their website today:
As before, they’re still taking advantage of a lot of Webs SiteBuilder tools, like forms and drop-down navigation. As for what’s new to their website, here’s what we liked best:
1. A wider page that takes advantage of more modern screen dimensions, giving them more space to lay out their content.
2. An improved header with a more professional logo treatment and more readable branding tagline
3. Simplified homepage layout that makes use of grids to organize different areas of information
4. A more modern sans serif font that is less decorative and lets their brand and content shine through
5. Better use of imagery throughout and new photographs that show off their product and services
6. Social media integration, encouraging visitors to connect with them on Facebook
7. Improved navigation that offers better readability and is easier for visitors to use
Great job Kimm and Ellory! We’re thrilled to see that your website is still a robust and important part of your small business.