A very popular question has surfaced after the release of the new SiteBuilder3: How to add various widgets to my website.
What is a widget?
In the context of website building, a widget is a small application, or a component that allows a user to perform a specific function or access a service. A few popular widgets include: chat boxes, badges, clocks, countdowns, weather feeds, news feeds, rss feeds, and more.
How to add a widget?
1. To get started, click on the layout tab at the bottom of the Sitebuilder and select the Custom Html module.
2. Drag the selected module to the spot on your website where you would like the widget to “live”.
3. Open a new browser window. Determine the type of widget you would like to add to your website and search for available widget code via your favorite search engine.
There are a lot of available online resources specifically dedicated to providing widgets. For example http://www.widgetbox.com/widgets/ provides an extensive collection of widgets you can add to your website for free.
4. Once you have selected your widget and customized it (if this option is available), copy provided HTML code and paste it into the HTML module you have already added to your website. To get started double-click on the module you have added to paste your HTML code.
5. Click “Save Changes” and you are done!
Does your website utilize a lot of widgets? Post below for all to see as an example of what is possible.