Have you ever been driving and noticed something was just not right with your car, the panic in your stomach as you hope you get to your destination before your car gives out? We have all been there in some fashion or form, and for this Example Site Wednesday we are highlighting a small business website that is there for their customers in their time of need.
MG Towing is a full service tow truck company serving the Orange County area in California.
In addition to have a simple and clean layout, the site owners did an exceptional job taking advantage of the main header area of their website.
The website header area defines the top section of the website that usually contains the site title, logo and other images and/or text. This area is frequently uniform throughout all available site pages.
The header of your website is crucial to the setting the tone for your website as according to most usability studies, top of your website is the area that gets viewed the most by website visitors. A good website header should be used as a branding tool and should tell your visitors what your site is about. Website headers are a great place to present key information such as:
- Important contact information
- Available marketing channels
Take a look at how MG Towing is utilizing to present their contact information to ensure that customers in need can quickly locate their contact information without a lot of effort.
Additional Website Header Tips:
- Don’t be afraid to be creative.
- It’s a good rule of thumb to incorporate your website header design into the overall look and feel of your site design.
- Don’t leave your website header for granted.
- Strike the right balance between providing key information and white space. Remember your website header area is not intended to be used for spam.
Take a look at your website header today. Does it provide the needed information?