Lots of people use mobile devices these days, but how many of those people actually use their smartphones to buy products and services?
According to the 2011 Mobile Search Insights Study, nearly half (49%) of mobile Web users have bought at least one item via their mobile device in the last six months.
This is big news for businesses! Whether you have a website with an online store or simply an informative business website, you need to make sure that your site is easy for smartphone users to view and use.
Fortunately, the new Mobile Website app from Webs makes it a cinch to get on the mobile bandwagon. With one click, the Mobile Website app will create a mobile version of your site that is optimized for mobile devices like the iPhone, Android, and Blackberry. As a result, people viewing your site on their smartphones will get a best-in-class experience.
Below you’ll find more data relating to mobile searches that may help you tailor your approach to attracting and converting mobile customers:
What are mobile users buying?
- 32% purchased entertainment (and 76% researched an entertainment purchase)
- 31% purchased clothing (and 61% researched a clothing purchase)
- 25% purchased electronics (and 68% researched an electronics purchase)
As you can see from the statistics above, a high percentage of smartphone users are using the mobile web to gather information about products and services.
What kind of information are mobile users searching for?
- 84% search for local retailer information like phone, address, and hours
- 82% find online retailers
- 73% find a specific manufacturer or product website
- 71% learn about a product or service after seeing an advertisement
- 68% find the best price for a product or service
So if your business has a physical location you’ll definitely want to use the Mobile Website feature that places a Google map of your address (and directions) onto your mobile site’s homepage. Another feature, a click-to-call phone number, encourages those who are gathering information on your site to actually give your business a call.