It’s that time of the week again where we take a look at one of the many awesome sites that our users are coming up with and show you what we love about them. This week’s example site is ‘My Little Chameleon’, a website that is dedicated to selling personalized hand painted baby clothes.
My Little Chameleon does a great job of finding the right balance between having a unique custom header, that clearly presents the message about what the website does, and the simple site layout with easy navigation. Here are some additional Webs Features they use:
– Web Store for an easy way to display and sell merchandise
– Testimonials App to share great experiences from past customers
– FAQ app to conveniently provide answers to frequently asked questions that potential shoppers might have
– Photo Gallery to display previous works
– Facebook Connect to allow easy integration with the largest social network on the web and to make a super simple way to grow their site membership.
In addition, My Little Chameleon is a great example of a website that magnificently utilizes color to brand themselves. Have you ever noticed how a certain color can make you feel? Grab on to that feeling and ask yourself a few important questions:
1. Does my website convey the feeling that I want it to have?
2. Do the colors that I use on my site match what my brand and I stands for?
If you answered no to these questions, it’s time to revisit your site and edit. When editing, really focus on who you are and what your website is all about. Choose colors that match you brand, the feeling that you wish to invoke in your visitors and colors that would be pleasant on the eyes. Need more help? Read about Basic Color Scheming.
Think your site is awesome? Leave a comment below and you will be considered for a future Example Site Wednesday!