Welcome to another addition of Example Site Wednesday, where we select a great site made by Webs users and dissect it to find out just what makes the website so great.
October is a national Breast cancer awareness month, here in United States, and in the spirit of bringing awareness to this disease we would like to showcase a great site that combines playing pool and a great cause. ‘Cues For A Cureâ„¢’ is committed to the fight against cancer and gives a portion of every purchase from their site towards helping to fund cancer research.
‘Cues For a Cure’ does a phenomenal job of providing useful information in an easy to browse format. The site also incorporated powerful social media features to help spread the word about their cause and make the website more interactive. The site features include:
- Facebook Connect & Facebook Widgets to make becoming a member and signing in even easier
- Web Store for an easy way to display and sell merchandise
- Buzzworthy App to include the latest information on their topic of interest
- Blog to update visitors and help stimulate conversations
- Contact Form to provide a quick and efficient way for customer contact
In addition to our example site today we would also like to give a shout out to three users that have been very loyal about commenting on our blog posts:
1. How to Win College Scholarships
Informational website started by a Mom that discovered how to help others win scholarship money to attend college.
2. Island 22 Horse Park
Website dedicated to a regional park in Chilliwack, British Columbia, Canada.
An entertainment site focused on being a place where a visitor can sit back & enjoy themselves while they browse around.
Like these websites? Think yours is better? Leave a comment below and who knows, maybe next week you will see your website here!
Until next week, happy site building!