Scared? Shocked? Think I totally lost sense of reality and forgot what time of the year it is?
Not to worry… It is a steamy July afternoon here at Webs and it is the best time to start getting ready for that holiday season rush. So, is your business ready for 2010 holiday season?
Here are some interesting facts about online holiday shopping:
1. When asked what sources “influence your decision to use or not use a particular company, brand or product” 71% claim reviews from family members or friends exert a “great deal” or “fair amount” of influence (Harris Interactive, June 2010).
– Tip: Make sure to add a Testimonials App on your website to help boost visitor confidence & that testimonials are updated regularly to keep your site fresh and relevant.
2. In 2008 “68% of search engine users click results on the first page of search results” and that number is likely to keep rising(iPorsect, 2008).
– Tip: You still have time to work on your search engine ranking. Don’t wait till the last minute to ensure your website shows up on the first page when searching for keywords applicable to the goods/services you offer. Need some help? Check out our partner LotusJump.
3. 81% of online shoppers receive advice from friends & followers relating to a product purchase through a social site (Click Z, January 2010).
– Tip: Make sure to create and connect all your social pages on your website. Take full advantage of tools such as a Twitter Widget and Facebook Connect Widgets.
Until next time, happy site building!