Thank you for being so patient while we were updating our systems to make the latest updates possible. Here’s a summary of the new Photo Gallery features:
– Social Publishing: Your members can now post albums and photos. (If you let them)
– Categories: Manage your albums better by placing them in categories.
– Search: Find photos quickly by searching on titles and captions.
– Permissions: Manage what your members can do. (Use the Settings button to decide who can post comments, post photos, manage categories and who can download photos through right-clicking. )
– Comment Counts: See which photos have comments, and how many.
– Quick Links: Just like forums, you can now view all recently added or commented photos with the click of a link.
– Design changes: We’ve sharpened things up a bit for a better overall experience.
The Photos your members post to your site will not be counted against your storage limit. So no worries about running out of space. Keep in mind, however, that member photos will not appear in your file manager. Any pictures you want placed there will need to be added through your Webs account, as before.
If you already have the Photo Gallery installed, you don’t have to do anything to get all of these new features, they’re already there. Otherwise, just go to your site manager and add a brand new gallery.
Please let us know what you think. Enjoy!