I’m pleased to announce the launch of our new and improved Forums tool – now available for all of you to add to your sites. Here’s a summary of new features the Forums have to offer.
1. Works seamlessly with your Site Members and Profiles – Your site members login and comment on your forum using the same username and password they use to access your member pages, and post comments on photos and videos. In addition, their profile pictures show up when they post and link back to their profiles on your site.
2. Moderators – The new forums enable you to establish moderators who can help maintain the forum and delete bad posts
3. Rich text posting – Your members can post images, links and more in the forums.
4. Custom views – Choose between a classic forum view, for a well organized discussion or a “recent topics” view to highlight active discussions.
5. Search and SEO friendly pages – The new forums are searchable by visitors and the forum pages are search engine friendly.
How to add the new Forum to your site:
Simply visit the Edit Site area and click the “+Forums” button. Alternatively, click “Add a page” and you will find the new forums there as well.
Please keep in mind that the new forum is in Beta, you might experience some kinks. Also, unfortunately you can not migrate content from the old forum to the new one. However, many members have already seen the benefits of switching and we highly encourage you to do so. Check out a sample Forum.
As always, feel free to send your feedback. What you like, what you don’t, and new features you’d like to see.